Happy New Year! A few days behind, I know….and I it has been a minute since my last post (that will be changing). I hope everyone had a safe and blessed holiday season. With the new year comes resolutions and while I had some resolutions last year I didn’t meet all of them:
- Grow Spiritually While I grew in this department I could have done more
- Read the Bible in a year Just didn’t happen
- Be the healthiest I can be Signed up with Weight Watchers and lost 10 lbs.
- Focus on what I have and not on what I don’t have This is still a problem for me at times
- Improve my knitting skills That did happen 🙂
- Knit a scarf, hat and sweater Knitted my husband a few beanies, knitted my FIRST sweater as for the scarf they were just ruffle scarves!
Goals for my blog are:
- Grow my readership Nope
- Increase the number of likes on my Facebook page Lost a few and then gained a few but nothing on a large scale
- Engage my readers to leave feedback/comments Engaged a few readers…one being my husband…LOL!!!!
- Blog 2-3 times per week LOL!! Definitely did not happen!
So what is the take home message?? Maybe I set up TOO many resolutions instead of just concentrating on a few. I don’t beat myself up about it because we are all human and we are all WORKS IN PROGRESS. So I am thankful for what I did accomplish and will just concentrate harder on the other things. In short I just need to step out of my comfort zone and start doing things that scare the hell out of me. I am not talking about skydiving but doing things through this blog and through my Instagram and Facebook accounts that I was nervous about doing in the past. For example hosting a giveaway of some sort.
During the start of the holiday season I did take park in Vickie Howell’s Fall Knitting and Crochet Photo a Day Challenge on Instagram. The challenge ran from November 1-30. Each day had a theme and you had to post a picture that correlated with that theme. It was a blast! I received so much inspiration from my fellow knitters/crocheters and actually started to follow some of them and vice versa. Posting a photo a day was a little uncomfortable for me because I don’t think my photos look as awesome as the others but with each one I could see improvement!
Here are some of my photos from the challenge and others that I just like from 2015 🙂
Day 8: Coffee/Tea and me knitting. Except this is not knitting it's crochet. I literally had nothing on the needles today as I had finished a knitted beanie this morning. This is my cinnamon stick tea, coffee cake and a crocheted cowl that looks "knitted"! 😁😁 #vhphotoaday #crochetersofinstagram #yarn #yarnaddict #crochet
So there you have it! I didn’t want to post too many photos (though I may have). However, these were some of the ones I was most proud of!
I would like to wish everyone a blessed New Year that is full of abundance and promise…till next time!
One Crafty Dame